Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 14:15:47 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        "Daniel R.  Brownstone" <drbrowns@ls.wustl.edu>, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Optimizing FreeBSD

On Thu, Mar 26, 1998 at 05:14:59PM -0600, Daniel R.  Brownstone wrote:
> > One question I forgot to ask you is: what programs are you running?
>
> Um nothing major.  Netscape server, a lot of copies of pine
> simultaneously, some perl scrips, here's top, taken right now: (although
> it's late in the day, so there's not a lot going on)--

Are you running X11 and Netscape?  If so: Check how much memory your
X-server take, and whether it increase over time.  There is a subtle memory
leak in the X server when running Netscape.  We've not yet been able to
track it down (and so far it only show up on MY machine.  Grrrr.)

I'd be surprised if the leak happens on RELENG_2_2, but as it so far only
occur on my box, it is hard to say...

Eivind.