Date:      Wed, 24 Dec 2003 12:17:37 -0500
From:      Alexander Kabaev <ak03@gte.com>
To:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Subject:   Re: support for __thread

Sorry for late response, but ...

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:31:03 -0500 (EST)
Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com> wrote:

> libkse is ready to add support for it but I believe there's
> some additional work to be done in rtld-elf first.

libkse in current shape is unable to support GNU TLS model, which is
what our system GCC is configured to use by default. While I can
certainly switch it to less optimal in some cases model defined by
Sun, I think maintaining binary compat in TLS are is an important
feature given the fact that precompiled linux-only object files are
getting more and more popular. Being binary compatible will give is at
least a change to link Linux object file into native FreeBSD binary.

--
Alexander Kabaev