Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 1996 18:28:36 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        grog@lemis.de, gjennejohn@frt.dec.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Status of ISDN drivers

> I thought you meant you wanted to bond two 56k channels... so he's not
> the only one who was confused.

I have 64K B channels, both end-points being in the same CO (it's a
Centrex ISDN connection, actually).  Sinec I don't need to go through
any trunk interconnect stuff, I get my full 64K.  A friend at Cisco
actually goes through some 3 or 4 different exchanges to get to Cisco
from his house, and he now gets full 64K B channels as well, so I'd
say that PacBell is managing to upgrade their infrastructure anyway.
56K limitations will probably be a thing of the past pretty soon, I
think.

As to how I'm using those two 64K B channels, I'm bonding them
together and then speaking 115.2K async over the pipe.  Where I'm
losing out is not communicating to the TAs at a full 128K/bps
syncronous, thus sacrificing the top end off 115.2 and paying for 2
extra bits in every byte.

                                        Jordan