Date:      Wed, 8 Oct 2003 17:36:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Adam C. Migus" <adam@migus.org>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   update /usr/sbin/config?

All,
Based on discussions in the following thread:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arch/2003-September/001319.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arch/2003-October/001362.html

I'm requesting input for changes to /usr/sbin/config.

While the aforementioned thread does contain a patch to fix an
immediate bug, /usr/sbin/config does contain some other issues and
short-comings (a couple of which are outlined in existing threads on
arch@ and current@) that a minor reworking could fix.

If I'm going to attack these already known issues I figure I should
ask now if there are any others anyone else would like to address or
if there are any features anyone would like to propose for
discussion.

As long as the idea doesn't involve a spot watch, python or contain
the words "to just know," I'm open to pretty much anything anyone
else is...  :-)

Ideally I'd like to pull a list of requirements from this thread
when everyone's done.

--
Adam - (http://people.migus.org/~amigus/)
Migus Dot Org - (http://www.migus.org/)