Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 00:47:09 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        brett@lariat.org (Brett Glass)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, alk@pobox.com, gary@eyelab.psy.msu.edu, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: On hub.freebsd.org refusing to talk to dialups

> > > I was dubious; I waited more than a year after hearing about the DUL
> > > to implement it. But when I finally tried it, I found that it was
> > > highly effective; it targeted spam like a laser and rejected no
> > > legitimate traffic.
> >
> >That you are aware of, in your less-complicated-than-an-ISP setup.
>
> We are actually more sophisticated than many for-profit ISPs.

Sophistication != Complexity.

Many ISPs have complex setups, which preclude simply implementing
the draconian measures you advocate implementing "across the board".

For many ISPs, there is no "across the board", or the number of
service classes is so large that you can not easily divide all
of the machines into a role per service class.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.