Date:      Mon, 04 Nov 2002 18:54:37 -0800
From:      Jeffrey Hsu <hsu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Oleg Polyakov <opolyakov@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RFC 3390: Increasing TCP's Initial Window

  >> I have patches lying around
  >> that varies the initial window size from 2 to 4 depending on the MSS,
  >> as specified in the RFC.

  > We could not apply those patches until we fix a bug serverside which
  > increments snd_cwnd with 1 mss somewhere...
  > Take a look on TCP session.

No, no, I meant I wrote my own, which doesn't show this problem in the
traces I've examined.  But, it's all rolled up into a bunch
of other congestion related stuff I'm still working on like SACK and,
more importantly, Limited Transmit, exactly because all this stuff
modifies and examines the same variables and so all the functionality
has to be tested together to make sure no part breaks any other part.

							Jeffrey