Date:      Mon, 17 Oct 2011 17:50:10 GMT
From:      Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/155604: [flowtable] Flowtable excessively caches dest MAC addresses for outgoing traffic

The following reply was made to PR kern/155604; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@FreeBSD.org>
To: Steve Polyack <spolyack@collaborativefusion.com>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/155604: [flowtable] Flowtable excessively caches dest MAC
 addresses for outgoing traffic
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 21:45:56 +0400

 On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 12:04:35PM -0400, Steve Polyack wrote:
 S> >    looks like this bug is fixed in 8.2 and later versions of FreeBSD.
 S> > Can I close the PR?
 S> >
 S> IMHO, the fix is merely a workaround (disabling FLOWTABLE by default in
 S> the kernel configuration).  If a user turns flowtable on, they will
 S> still encounter the same problem as I described.
 S>
 S> We don't have a reason to turn the flowtable feature back on, so it
 S> doesn't really affect us either way.  I'll leave it up to you as to
 S> whether you want to close it or have someone take a deeper look.

 You misunderstood me. I meant that the problem is no longer
 present with flowtable turned on. I have just tried to reproduce
 your problem on 8.2 and on head, and failed.

 I've found some reports in my private emails that claim that
 problem is only present only in 8.0 and 8.1. However, I haven't
 find the actual fix in commitlogs.

 --
 Totus tuus, Glebius.