Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:32:35 -0800
From:      patrick <gibblertron@gmail.com>
Subject:   Control IRQ assignment?

I'm running FreeBSD 7.1 on a new Dell Inspiron 530s. I'm having an
issue where the same IRQ is being assigned for multiple devices, and I
have a device that absolutely needs its own IRQ. The BIOS is very
limiting, and won't allow me to disable shared IRQ assignment. Some
suggestions I've read about booting FreeBSD with ACPI hasn't been an
option, because without it enabled, FreeBSD does not see the SATA
controllers/disks, and thus won't boot. Linux has a utility called
irqbalance (http://www.irqbalance.org/) that seems like it could be
promising, but of course it is Linux-specific. Is there any way in
FreeBSD that I can help the system decide which IRQs to assign to
what?