Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:58:24 -0500
From:      Tom Parquette <tparquet@twcny.rr.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Consolidating mozilla/Netscape Email

Hi!  I don't subscribe to ports.  Please CC me on any replies.
I'm also not sure if this should be here or on questions...

I normally use mozilla (V1.4) for my MUA.
I also have some Netscape (various releases) Email files saved but I do
not have Netscape installed.

I would like to consolidate multiple Netscape and mozilla Email files
into the mozilla "folders" that I'm using now.
I had to change the ID I normally use so samba would be happier.  (Samba
did not seem to like mixed case user IDs.)

I've looked at the mozilla help and I think I can figure out exporting
my address books as ldif files and importing them into the new address
book.  I have not found/figured out the stored passwords file yet.

My bookmarks appear to be a case of manually merging the bookmarks.html
files

Nothing I have found in the mozilla help or searching the net seems to
explain how to export/import and/or merge the various MUA "folders" and
the Email messages they contain into the new Email instance.  (Please
excuse the terms.  I'm not sure what some of the appropriate terms are.)

The only hits I seem to find talk about migrating to M$ Outlook.
This is a 5.1-CURRENT (not quite up to the bleeding edge) with mozilla
V1.4 installed.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
TIA...