Date:      Mon, 3 Jan 2005 09:36:19 +0100
From:      antongiulio <antongiulio@email.it>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   GDM no-update

Hi,

I've installed FreeBSD with gnome 2.6. After, from ports I added "GDM" and substitute in /etc/ttys:

ttyv0   "/usr/X11R6/bin/gdm"            cons25l1        on  secure

Then, with script gnome_upgrade.sh, I got gnome 2.8 but not a "new" GDM.
With /usr/src# make update I haven't a new GDM.

1) How can I update it?

2) If I "choice" shutdown on GDM-Actions anytime my system "off" normally, other not. Why???

3) If I press "Ctrl + Alt + Backspace" to restart Xorg, I cannot restart it, cause GDM doesn't permit relaunch (sorry, I don't remember exact error log now). Is it normal?

Thank you very much
Giulio

 Sponsor:
 Se stai cercando un nuovo PC a prezzi imbattibili, qui potresti trovare quello che fa per te!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2839&d=3-1