Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2001 01:31:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Michael Tang Helmeste <dbzgoku_gt@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   natd

I have a machine which acts as a NAT gateway for a
network. I was recently going to change the
configuration of natd, and so I killed off natd. On a
machine behind it, I could ping out, but then
suddenly, all my connections to the NAT gateway
machine were dropped. I can no longer ping the NAT
gateway from it's external IP, or contact it. Any idea
what happened?

=====
We don't understand the software, and sometimes we don't understand the
hardware, but we can *see* the blinking lights!
--
We've sent a man to the moon, and that's 29,000 miles away.  The center
of the Earth is only 4,000 miles away.  You could drive that in a week,