Date:      Fri, 06 Mar 1998 15:49:07 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        jak@cetlink.net (John Kelly)
Cc:        Brian Handy <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Donations.

> On Wed, 4 Mar 1998 16:02:21 -0800 (PST), Brian Handy
> <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com> wrote:
>
> >But this childish crap about "I'm only donating if you do XXX with
> >my money" is dumb.
>
> No, that's an ultimatum and I never proposed that.  I proposed that I
> have a vote.  My vote would be collected with all the other votes and
> the collective vote would determine the funded projects.  If my
> project does survive the vote, I accept that as part of the voting
> process, without asking for my money back.

You already have a vote, and it's FREE like the rest of the project.
Your vote is cast on -hackers, discussed and decided upon.  Once the
decision is made, you can then reach into your pocket to fund that
decision if it's not going to be actioned as soon as you want.

Lots of people have already pointed out that the difference between
the FreeBSDs and the Microsofts of this world is due to guy that
makes the decisions.  This doesn't *have* to be the guy holding the
purse strings.

      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;