Date:      Sat, 14 Jul 2001 16:18:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Manish Jain <jain@sirius.pc.cis.udel.edu>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   window scaling doesnt seem to work

Hi,

Window scaling option in TCP header is not set everytime
I try to set a window greater 250 Kbytes.
If I am attempting to set a windwo in the range 64 K - 200 K ( I tired
this range ), thn the window scaling works fine.

I think that there is some kind of hard coding in the tcp code in netinet
branch.
Has anybody had the same problem or know of a quick fix so that I
dont have to spend much time scanning the kernel code ?

Please cc a reply to my email id too.

--
manish jain
university of delaware,newark

You know... that a blank wall is an apalling thing to look at. The wall of a
museum -- a canvas -- a piece of film -- or a guy sitting in front of a
typewriter. Then, you start out to do something -- that vague thing called
creation. The beginning strikes awe within you.
-Edward Steichen, "Wisdom"