Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2000 19:12:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        Morrow Dana TSgt AMC CSS/NOSA <Dana.Morrow@scott.af.mil>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG.'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Unable to 'MOUNT' Floppy Drive

Well the dmesg seems pretty clear.  The floppy drive looks bad, though I
don't know exactly what the error signifies.  Does it work in other
operating systems?  Even if it did that's no indication it's
not about to die.  If the device fails like that in probes, no mounting of
it will help.  Try putting in a new floppy drive.
						Tim