Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 2000 12:36:28 -0500
From:      "gh" <grasshacker@linkfast.net>
To:        <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Punctuation conventions (was: cvs commit: src/games/fortune/datfiles fortunes)

 > Ok, so we're agreed.  Two spaces at the end of a sentence is what we're
 > taught in the US, UK, and AU.  Any one from another English speaking
 > country care to share the rules from their freshman keyboarding (typing)
 > class?

 Actually, as student of an American school (albeit, not the best) I was
 taught
 recently that the two-space convention is antiquated and that in most
modern
 writings a single space is more correct. I have always preferred the
 two-space convention
 becuase it not only seems based on research more correct but also more
 fitting.

 *runs back to mole hill*

 Dan