Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 22:39:06 -0400
From:      Christopher Sean Hilton <chris@vindaloo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: has anyone tried out the M-Systems Disk-On-Key devices?

Has anyone tried out the M-Systems DiskOnKey Flash disk on a keychain
device?

This device is an 8MB Flash Disk with a USB connector that attaches to your
keychain like you car's alarm fob. When you plug this into your USB port it
should act like an 8MB Disk Drive. I had hoped to use this to hold my SSH
private key, my PGP private key, and a copy of Putty on an MSDOS Filesystem
so I could have the keys and tools needed to access my systems remotely via
SSH.

When I plug the device into the USB port on my laptop the usbd sees it and
loads the umass device. Then I get a drive entry: da0 but any attempt to
access the device times out with a scsi sense error of 0x4. I'm in the midst
of upgrading my laptop to 4.3 Release under the vain hope that the upgrade
will solve the problem. However I wanted to know if anyone else has tried
this device and what luck they may have had.

--
Chris Hilton                                 chilton-at-vindaloo-dot-com