Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 2000 18:18:38 -0500
From:      Chris Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /etc/defaults/rc.conf

On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 01:02:03AM +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 03:37:01PM -0500, Forrest Aldrich wrote:
> > It would be useful to have back the program specification variable for
> > inetd.  Currently we have:
> >
> > inetd_enable="YES"              # Run the network daemon dispatcher (or NO).
> > inetd_flags="-wW"               # Optional flags to inetd
> >
> > and the /etc/rc.* files assume the use of the stock inetd.  Where some
> > people choose to use alternative inetd-like programs such as xinetd.
> [...]
>
> Nice idea!  And the fix is simple.  The included patch will correct it :-)

You forgot the patch(es) to the port(s) this would affect (e.g. xinetd).
The affected ports would need their ${PREFIX}/etc/rc.d files removed
(otherwise you would start them twice) along with a message letting the
installer know how to start it properly.

> [ do we really need to cross-post this? ]

No, -stable removed.

--
Chris D. Faulhaber - jedgar@fxp.org - jedgar@FreeBSD.org