Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 2002 04:54:51 -0700
From:      "Aaron Burke" <aburke@nullplusone.com>
To:        "Aaron L Burke" <aburke@nullplusone.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: WINS service over a Point to Point link. (Problem Solved)

Seems that there was using the "remote announce" tag.

On the server I used "remote announce = 192.168.2.2" in the
[global] section of the smb.conf file. I am aware that this may not
be what made the difference

And on the workstation (also a bsd box) I added
"remote announce = 192.168.2.1" and "wins server = 192.168.2.1"
in the [global] section of the smb.conf file.