Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 23:54:06 -0500
From:      "theVanguardian" <theVanguardian@yahoo.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   2 Questions

Hi,
	I have 2 general, possibly newbie questions:

1.	How do I allow a normal non-root user edit files (cp, mv, etc.)
on a mounted filesystem?  (i.e. su to root, then mount /floppy, but now
only root can add or delete files on /floppy)
2.	I'm running GNOME as a normal non-root user, but for some
reason, whenever I try to run an X app from the terminal window as root,
I get the error "Connection to :0:0 refused by server, Client is not
authorized to connect to server" or something to that affect. For
example, from the terminal window in GNOME (I'm in GNOME as a normal
non-root user):

> su
Password:
root# emacs

Connection to :0:0 refused by server, etc., etc., etc.

Usually, emacs will open up in a new window.  This error happens even if
I try to run any program that requires X, whether I'm in a terminal
window in GNOME or just from the text prompt outside of X.

Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to the list.

Thanks.

-- Anant

\**********************/
*                      *