Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 20:08:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bhishan Hemrajani <bhishan@cytosine.dhs.org>
To:        Alan Clegg <abc@firehouse.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: natd with three interfaces.

How are you starting natd to route from wireless to inside?

I believe you are suppost to start it like:
/sbin/natd -n fxp0

to route from wireless to internal.
Also, make sure you are not routing to the external interface
at the same time, as that may cause problems.

What happens on the client machines when you do:
/sbin/natd -n fxp0
and try to ping a computer on the wireless network?

I need a little bit more information as to what you have
tried to route packets between the wireless and
internal devices.

--bhishan

Checking application/pgp-signature: FAILURE
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> I have a machine with three interfaces, wireless (wi0) internal (fxp0) and
> external (dc0).
>
> Now, I have natd running as such:
>
> 	/sbin/natd -n dc0
>
> with:
>
> 	/sbin/ipfw -f flush
> 	/sbin/ipfw add divert natd all from any to any via dc0
> 	/sbin/ipfw add pass all from any to any
>
> on startup.
>
> Forwarding is turned on, and everything is OK as long as machines are going
> out from wireless or internal to the outside world.  My problem occurs when
> I try to go from inside to wireless or vice-versa.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> AlanC
-- End of PGP section, PGP failed!