Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 12:25:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Daniel <john@cell-works.com>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   results RE: Suppressing the banner page on a HPLJ 4 printer?-

Thanks to all who offered suggestions to help me with my problem . after
reading the suggestions I was able to get the banner page to suppress
using telnet.

the problem that I was having was NT telnet wasn't returning a prompt to
let me know I had successfully connected. when I used the telnet in
freebsd or hit enter a couple times in the NT telnet i got a prompt and i
 was able to change the banner page setting with no further trouble.

Never trust a Fat accountant or a skinny Santa Claus.

-BD