Date:      Thu, 02 Oct 1997 00:44:40 +0930
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppbus problem

> > > I 'm trying to install the ppbus stuff for my parallel port
> > > zip drive. The kernel compiled OK, and it has a lot to say
> > > about the drive, but fdisk and mount produce no results.
> > > Here's dmesg. Any ideas.
> >
> > Can you be more specific about "no results"?  Error messages?  System
> > lockup?
>
> No error messages, it just sits doing nothing, i.e. no indication (sound or
> lights of disk activity in the zip. I bring my prompt back with ^C.

OK, command freeze.  You might eventually get an error message.

> > Actually, this looks pretty ugly; you appear to have detected the vpo0
> > device twice.  Do you have one Zip or two connected?
>
> Just one.

OK, 2.2 or -current?  Can you send a copy of the relevant parts of your
kernel config?  Have you tried it with a fresh kernel source tree?

(In particular I am wondering if you've managed to get two copies of
the vpo driver into your kernel.)

mike