Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 1997 14:44:11 -0600
From:      Alex Weeks <Alex_Weeks@capitalland.com>
To:        "'freeBSD-questions@freebsd.org'" <freeBSD-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: local network on ethernet won't route

If I understand correctly you are trying to ping virtual addresses.  I've
encountered the same problem.  I could get http, ftp, and telnet through
the virtual address, but no ping or traceroute.  I fixed the problem by
setting up static routes from my virtual address to the address of the
physical card.  In other words, in rc.config "route_myvirtual1 10.110
10.1".

Alex Weeks