Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:14:59 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Nick Hibma <nick.hibma@jrc.it>
To:        death <death@southcom.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netcomm Roadster II USB (AM5050) Modem

Oh, yes. Another thing. Could you download the usb_dump util that is
listed at

	http://www.etla.net/~n_hibma/usb/usb.pl
	http://www.etla.net/~n_hibma/usb/usb_dump.c

compile it and run it against the generic device that attaches to the
modem driver? it dumps the descriptors available in the modem.

	cc -Wall -I/sys/dev/usb usb_dump.c -o usb_dump
	./usb_dump /dev/ugen0
	./usb_dump /dev/ugen0 | mail hibma@skylink.it

Cheers,

Nick

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, death wrote:

 > Hi!
 >
 > I was wondering if anybody knew if FreeBSD (any version) supports USB
 > modems or this modem (Netcomm Roadster II USB AM5050) in particular?
 >
 > And also, would anybody know just what the deal with USB is? Would all
 > modems use the same way to communicate via USB or does there have to be a
 > different driver for every device and every OS?
 >
 > And! If there was a need for a seperate driver of some sort, would anybody
 > out there want to make one? :P
 >
 > Cheers
 >
 >    death

ISIS/STA, T.P.270, Joint Research Centre, 21020 Ispra, Italy