Date:      Mon, 14 Jun 1999 14:24:32 +1000
From:      Eddie Irvine <eirvine@tpgi.com.au>
To:        Gong Wei <ccegongw@nus.edu.sg>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: *BSD init scripts

Hi.

Take a look at some of the scripts already there. You'll
see that most of them accept the paramemeters "start"
and "stop".

That is, on startup your script will get called like this:
sh# abc.sh start
And on shutdown, your script will get called like this:
sh# abc.sh stop

So, your script catches the "start" or "stop" and acts
accordingly.

If no parameter is given, it should default to "start"

--

Eddie

http://www1.tpgi.com.au/users/eirvine/index.html