Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:17:14 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 6.1 and RAID controller PERC 5/i  in DELL PowerEdge 2950

--==========2C3527B9A4C3B6199C70==========

--On Thursday, October 26, 2006 12:27:00 -0600 "Marthias, Santosso"=20
<SMarthias@epsiloninteractive.com> wrote:

> One thing is working, if we only use mfid0 for OS installation and leave
> (not use at all) mfid1 and mfid2, then the server rebooted fine after
> the OS installation (we get the login prompt).
>
> The problem is we want to have mfid0 for OS, mfid1 for /data, and mfid2
> for /data/app separated from each other and not together in one big
> virtual disk.
>
> Anybody know about this issue? Any suggestion?

Simple.  Run sysinstall (as root) and use fdisk to setup your slices (mfid1 =

for /data and mfid2 for /data/app) and label to label them properly and set =

up the file systems.  Then edit /etc/fstab (if needed - it should be edited =

during this process) to make sure they're mounted on boot.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst
The University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/