Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 1998 14:34:16 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
To:        "Denis V. Okhrimenko" <denox@dubai.iate.obninsk.ru>
Cc:        faq@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FAQ about 100MBit network card support

On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Denis V. Okhrimenko wrote:

> Can  FreeBSD  v.2.2.5  support  100MBit network card and if so, how it
> works?

FreeBSD does - just decide for a supported card and build a custom kernel.
I use for example a 3Com 3C905 card on fast ethernet w/ 2.2.1-R.

Ok, I had to select 100 MBit/s manually per DOS floppy boot and 3Com DOS
utitlity floppy. But as far as I know 10/100BaseT ist automatically
recognized by the de0 driver for DEC21140 based cards.

Regards
Konrad Heuer

// Gesellschaft fuer wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH
// Goettingen (GWDG), Am Fassberg, D-37077 Goettingen, Germany
//
// kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de