Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2007 02:13:40 +0500
From:      applecom@inbox.ru
To:        "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <danm@prime.gushi.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with "ipfw flush"

 =

> the system freezes up and locks me out when I do:
>
> ipfw -f flush; ipfw /etc/ipfw.rules
>
> I've also tried doing it as
>
> ipfw -f flush && ipfw /etc/ipfw.rules
>
> But to no avail.

Firewall script is a common shell script. You don't need to run 'ipfw  =

<script>'.
Flushing the rules is usually done by script itself.
For example:
#!/bin/sh
ipfw=3D"/sbin/ipfw"
${ipfw} -f flush
${ipfw} <rule>
${ipfw} <rule>
${ipfw} <rule>
This file should be executable (chmod +x). You can also put any non-ipfw=
  =

additional commands in this file if you want.
Try to make such script, execute it and write again about the results.