Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2006 17:25:23 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com>
To:        Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Weird problem with DRAC 5

> > One other thing.  Using the console redirection through the web interface
> > (which forces you to use IE and an ActiveX control!), I can see the console
> > fine, but the keyboard and mouse (on the Windows box) don't do anything.  I
> > can still login through the USB keyboard attached to the server, and I can
> > see the virtualy keyboard and mouse being detected (looking at the console
> > messages.)
> >
> > Has anyone gotten console redirection working (to include keyboard and
> > mouse functionality)?
>
> No.  It's broken right now.  Do a search on the mailing list and you'll see
> lots of complaints.  It works in 7, and I've been trying to figure out what
> can be MFCed to 6 in order to get it working there.  If anyone has any
> insight, I'd be interested to hear it.

Got it.

ehci.c v 1.42:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/usb/ehci.c?rev=1.42&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

Put this version in place in /usr/src/sys/dev/usb, comment out line 766
and rebuild your kernel and the DRAC5 keyboard will start to work.

The commit note says MFC after 2 weeks, but this seems to have been missed.
I'm going to ping the maintainers and see if I can get it MFCed before 6.2
comes out.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.