Date:      Mon, 09 Apr 2001 08:57:49 +1000
From:      Tony Landells <ahl@austclear.com.au>
To:        Matthew Rudderham <matt@Snoopy.v-net.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail Upgrade Woes...Access.db , VirtUserTable

matt@Snoopy.v-net.org said:
> I have just upgraded my sendmail built from sources from I believe
> 8.9.3 to 8.11.3. The main problem is that after building the new
> makemap and rehashing my databases, sendmail doesn't seem to be
> recognizing the, When I built my cf I included the virtusertable
> feature, telling it to use hash, and not dbm. Is there anything that
> needs to be added for sendmail to recognize these databases? I've
> added, domains, ips, etc to the access database but it still seems to
> be denying relaying from all hosts. I am also recieving this error
> when mail come in for any of my domains:

> Apr  8 13:00:41 matt sendmail[85361]: NOQUEUE: localhost [127.0.0.1]
> did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA

> Any help would be MUCHLY appreciated, I've searched the archives and
> read man pages, to no avail. Thanks muchly:)

Since it sounds like you've built your cf from an mc, how about posting
the mc?

Also, did you rebuild your cf after installing the newer sendmail?

Between 8.9 and 8.11 the default location of most of the data files
has changed from /etc to /etc/mail.  This may be affecting you (depending
on what you've specified them, etc.)--where are yours and how have you
referenced them in your configuration?

Cheers,
Tony
--
Tony Landells					<ahl@austclear.com.au>
Senior Network Engineer				Ph:  +61 3 9677 9319