Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 1997 14:16:09 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bt848 driver patch

Hi,

> > do you know the exact reason switching channels causes the problem, ie is it
> > because I have INTs off, or ???
> >
> > The INTs off situation needs to be corrected when I have time to re-write the
> > I2C code to be INTerrupt driven...
>
> (Warning - I haven't looked at it)
>
> Can you move the I2C code out of the kernel since it is so lax
> about timing and inherently a slow operation?

I suspect they can stay in the kernel and that the disable/enable int calls
can be removed.  Nothing in the intr routine uses I2C calls, and
as you say the timing is unimportant (who cares if an async INT
stalls it, it will finish eventually) so they should be interruptable.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by