Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:05:06 -0400
From:      "Passki, Jonathan P" <jpasski@kpmg.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Xfree86(3x or 4x) & FreeBSD; using Voodoo3 2000 AGP

Hello all,

  I'm totally a goof when it comes to XF86, so please have patience...
Using /stand/sysinstall on a 4.1 -S system, I tried to configure my brand
spanking new Voodoo 3 2000 card, but didn't noticed a server or driver for
it.  I'm using the 4.0.1 release of XF86, installed via the ports.  Looking
on XFree86.org, I noticed that the 3DFX VooDoo3 2000 card is supported under
3.3.6 using the XF86_SVGA server & the tdfx driver, and under 4.01. just
using the tdfx driver.  What steps do I have to do to install that specific
driver to work on FBSD?  If I don't have to do anything, then what's the
best way to go about enabling the driver w/ the stuff that's already
installed?

TIA,

Jon Passki

KPMG LLP