Date:      Fri, 30 Sep 2011 07:14:22 +1300
From:      Andrew Thompson <thompsa@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Naresh <gbal.naresh@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Link aggregation using LACP

On 30 September 2011 05:42, Naresh <gbal.naresh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am working on a 10Gb Ethernet driver for FreeBsd 8.2. When I enable link aggregation using LACP mode on two ports of our card, I expected load to be balanced on two ports(both are up). But interestingly traffic is flowing on only one interface.

Have a look at lagg_hashmbuf() which generates the hash number to
choose the port. It uses the ethernet and ip headers for this so
ensure your test traffic has enough variation.

> If I administratively bring down the interface on which traffic is flowing, I see lot of packet loss for about 30 secs, After that it picks up.

We don't send a gratuitous arp when the links change, maybe this is
causing your switches to not update quickly. We also use the slow lacp
timer.

Andrew