Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 2009 08:45:51 +0100
From:      Andy Smith <a.smith@ukgrid.net>
To:        Manolis Kiagias <sonicy@otenet.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-update on FreeBSD 6.x

Quoting Manolis Kiagias <sonicy@otenet.gr>:

> A quick visit to http://update.freebsd.org does not show this directory
> - although this maybe intentional. I suggest you try the server change
> and if you connect but still fail to get the key, then go on and hack
> the script. I don't have a 6.1 machine around, but freebsd-update is
> just a sh script and you should be able to find what's going on.  There
> is nothing hardcoded in it, at least in the version distributed with
> 7.x. In fact I would try running the 7.x version on this system.

Hi Manolis,

   thanks for the reply! I have simply copied over the freebsd-update
script from a 7.0 machine and it seems to work fine just as on the 7.0
machine. I have run a fetch without making any changes to the conf
file, I haven't applied the updates as yet as its a production server
and I'll need to schedule down time and work out a fall back plan if
anything goes bad when doing an install.
Thanks again!

Andy.