Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2000 14:08:21 -0600
From:      kris@grinz.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   confused about firewall rules

Hi,

I am learning firewall procedures and need some help.  I just set up
a firewall running FreeBSD4.1.  I have two machines that use
DHCP to get an IP from the firewall.  These two machines behind
the firewall can get out to the net and view web pages, etc.
However, I have a couple of problems I cant figure out.

a)  I cant seem to watch streaming quicktime.
b)  I have an ftp server (windows box) at 192.168.1.13 and I cant ftp
in from 192.168.1.11 or from the gateway but I can ping the box.

I've got an old freebsd book and read stuff online but nothing really
tells me how to do what i need to do exactly.  What do I do now?
Is my problem firewall related or routed related or what?  my
firewall=open type.

ps - i'm not on the list so please send your replies directly to me.
thanks,
kris