Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 2003 11:25:04 +0300
From:      Andy Fawcett <andy@athame.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: when should 5.x be stable enough for web servers

On Friday 22 August 2003 11:15, Philip Paeps wrote:
> On 2003-08-16 18:10:38 (-0400), Eriq Lamar <eqe@cox.net> wrote:
> > On i386 hardware and two processors amd mp. should I wait for 5.2.
>
> I've been running 5.1-current on a few servers, and I've not bumped
> into any serious problems.  I have -stable machines nearby 'just in
> case' though, and my backups are fairly thorough :-)

I've had my personal webserver running on a 5.0R box for many months
now, with no problems.

It's running an Apache/PHP/MySQL mix, but I will freely admit that it's
hardly loaded.

Thinking about it, I probably should upgrade it to at least 5.1R ;)

A.

--
Andy Fawcett                                     | andy@athame.co.uk
"In an open world without walls and fences,      | tap@lspace.org