Date:      Sat, 08 Mar 2014 23:48:41 +1030
From:      Gitsnik <gitsnik@dracyrys.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unlistable, Undeletable File in old-jailed clientmqueue folder

Hi all,

Briefly, there are random-named files in a couple of clientmqueue
directories that I can not delete. These directories were for 32bit
jails prior to re-installing my base system to amd64, so I know they're
not locked by any "normal" process.

My apologies for the length, hopefully too many details is a good thing.

9.1-RELEASE-p10 GENERIC amd64, although I've had this problem the entire
9.x branch it is entirely possible it is because I re-installed my root
partition to go from 9.0-RELEASE x86 to amd64. During the install my
zpool "raidpack" was left alone, except to import it after the
installation, it has since been upgraded and is now running the current
version 28 for my install. "raidpack" pool is a raidz1-0 with 3 x 2TB
drives, is scrubbed weekly and has so far had no issues bar this.

Previously I was running jails directly from the zpool, post reinstall I
have started using a fresh directory (prev: /raidpack/jails, cur:
/raidpack/64bitjails). The difference is simple enough - "jails" was the
32bit jails directory.

My question/ problem:

# ls -l
total 179
drwxrwx---  2 root  wheel  3 Oct  3 21:26 clientmqueue
# cd clientmqueue
# ls
qfq8G32oib058119
# ls -la
ls: qfq8G32oib058119: No such file or directory
total 181
drwxrwx---  2 root  wheel  3 Oct  3 21:26 .
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  3 Mar  8 23:28 ..
# rm qfq8G32oib058119
rm: qfq8G32oib058119: No such file or directory
#

No matter what I do, I can't seem to delete this file. fstat and getfacl
both report "No such file or directory". The following information is
shown for the folder itself:

# getfacl clientmqueue
# file: clientmqueue
# owner: root
# group: wheel
            owner@:rwxp---A-W-Co-:------:allow
            group@:rwxp----------:------:allow
         everyone@:rwxp---A-W-Co-:------:deny
         everyone@:------a-R-c--s:------:allow
# ls -lTdo clientmqueue
drwxrwx---  2 root  wheel  - 3 Oct  3 21:26:36 2013 clientmqueue
#

Thanks for reading through, any help is much appreciated.