Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:54:25 -0500
From:      Yarema <yds@CoolRat.org>
To:        Anders Nor Berle <debolaz@debolaz.com>
Cc:        Ports FreeBSD <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Courier MTA port feedback

--On Thursday, January 10, 2002 18:55:02 +0100 Anders Nor Berle
<debolaz@debolaz.com> wrote:

>> --On Wednesday, January 09, 2002 06:02:37 +0100 Anders Nor Berle
>> <debolaz@debolaz.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Just wanted to let you know your port is a bit out of date. :)
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> I've been keeping it maintained but not updating the tarball on the
>> website.  I'm still hoping to have this courier port commited to the CVS
>> tree ... hopefully befor 4.5-RELEASE.
>>
>> Anyway since now I know that there's at least one person who checked out
>> the web page you're welcome to give the latest version a spin.  The port
>> now installs, deinstalls, packages and pkg_adds cleanly as far as I can
>> tell.
>>
>> --
>> Yarema
>
> Well, if you send-pr it, I can do some hard lobbying to get it committed.
> :)

I sent-pr <http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=31473>; back in
October when I first ported Courier-MTA to FreeBSD.  So far your feedback
was the only response I got.  Hopefully a committer will see this and take
a look at the port.  I mean, I understand that Courier is a tricky beast to
port and not the easiest thing to evaluate since it usually means the
committer needs to either have a spare box to do it on or bring down their
own MTA.  But it's going on three months now that my original PR has been
open without any feedback whatsoever.

So once again, thanks for writing.  Sorry about the tone above .. I was
just venting a bit.  I appreciate any lobbying to get this port committed.
I would rather maintain it for the whole community than just for myself.
If it was just for me I would never have gone to the extra effort to make
this port package correctly.

Also if any committer does look at this PR please grab the tarball from
http://yds.dppl.com/courier/courier.tgz -- about 16k or if need be I can
resubmit another PR.

--
Yarema