Date:      Sat, 22 Nov 1997 14:50:11 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Ken Key <key@cs.utk.edu>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sony PRD650-WM and 2.2.5-STABLE?

> I compiled/installed 2.2.5-STABLE as of 11/20/97 on my TP 560 in hopes
> of mounting the CD in the Sony PRD650-WM (w/ Adaptec 1460), but no
> joy.  Tweaking the ed0 kernel config and adding an entry for my
> LinkSys to pccard.conf got the ether back on the air and the ThinkPad
> sees the aic0 being inserted just like it did under PAO but I still
> can not access /dev/cd0c, winning a "Device not configured" (and cd0
> is in my kernel config).

OK so far.

> A question for those of you who have this working - When the aic device
> is loaded on the insert, do you get any notifications about the CD-ROM
> device on the SCSI bus as well?

Yes.  However, when  you insert the card into the machine, is it 'ON'
and running (you gotta hit the play button *before* inserting it into
the machine).

> I'm about ready to wipe and load Win95 (but it won't stay long! :-)
> just so I can test the darn player to make sure the drive isn't toast.

Ahh, you haven't initialized it under Win95?  Unfortunately, I couldn't
get it to work at all until *after* I used under Win95.  Then, it seemed
to work fine from that point on, even after power-cycling and has worked
since.  Maybe the Win95 driver did something to the card/CD player to
make it work fine, but it was required for my So y CD650.

Nate