Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:37:24 -0400
From:      Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>
To:        Nathan Vidican <webmaster@wmptl.com>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: sendmail and aliases/virtusertable/genericstable

Nathan Vidican wrote:

> Look into masquerading, it seems to me that is what you're trying to do.
> Tell me if I'm wrong here, but you're just looking to do virtual-email
> hosting with sendmail no?

I have an account name of sam on the FreeBSD machine, I don't want folks outside of
the FreeBSD machine to realize the account name is sam because that is the ONLY
account in the wheel group.  When mal goes out of the machine, I want sendmail to
change the from name to sam.carleton.  I want the domain to stay the same.

Sam