Date:      Thu, 09 Oct 1997 09:36:07 -0700
From:      Kedar <kedar@asacomputers.com>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Assembling new machine

At 05:48 PM 10/8/97 -0700, you wrote:
>ST32171N, which I haven't found but did see a ST32272N which appears to
>be an ultra version of that.  And, of course, several people have

        The 32272 and the 32171 are both ultra Barracudas.  The former is a
new line from Seagate.  A bit more space, less power consumption and less
platters.

>My requirements for disk drives are:  affordable, reliable, reasonably fast
>and large.

        You might also want to consider the ST32155W (the N, I have not seen
in a while), ultra-wide Hawk from Seagate.
        If you do use Barracudas, as someone mentioned, you do not want to
skimp on lots of cooling.  It also helps to use up an external 5 1/4 bay and
use one of those fan-kits that fit in place of the bay-cover.

Kedar.