Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:22:58 +0100 (CET)
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        Tony.Maher@eBioinformatics.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hiya hiya

In article <199912140203.NAA02893@shad.internal.en-bio> you write:
>>  - Sony Vaio 505RX, if you want light and functional
>>  - Dell Inspiron 7500, if you want a massive screen
>
>Or the Dell Inspiron 3500 (or is it 3700 model now?!) is very good
>if the 7500 is too expensive!
>X and sound work fine.
>3 hrs battery life.

Interesting...  I just looked at dell's site and yes, seems
its 3700 now.  That 3700 has (among other things):

 ESS Maestro-2E Audio-Controller

 ATI Rage Mobility™ M1 3D Video-Controller with 8 MB SDRAM Videomemory

 Alps Touchpad, PS/2-compatible with `Pointstick' (whats that?)

 Is that also what yours has which works?  (can you mail me your
kernel config, dmesg, and startup messages from the X server?)

 There also is an optional Inspiron 3700 Portreplicator with the
usual ports and 10/100 Ethernet, is that nic supported too,
would it maybe even get more bandwidth than a pcmcia one?
And are there ports (like, serial) on the machine itself too
or only on the Portreplicator?

 And you can order a DVD-ROM drive instead of the CD, anyone know
if that would work?

 Curious, :)
--
Juergen Lock <nox.foo@jelal.kn-bremen.de>