Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:35:49 -0500
From:      "Shwim" <shwim@purdue.edu>
To:        "Tim Radigan" <rad2921@cup.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: make buildworld failing..

I had this error signal myself a couple weeks back and found out it was
caused
by hardware.  You might want to read up on the Signal 11 FAQ, that's how
I was able to pin point and fix my problem.  Apparently, in my case it was
bad
settings on my motherboard for my CPU.  It might be any one of the
following:

- RAM
- CPU
- BIOS

Basically, you might be having a lost bit somewhere between RAM -> cache->
HDD.
If you read the Signal 11 FAQ it'll give you an idea where to start to solve
this problem.