Date:      Fri, 09 Aug 1996 11:42:20 -0400
From:      Andrew Heybey <ath@bellcore.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Megahertz XJ3288R modem

I am trying to make this modem work with 2.2-960801-SNAP in a Dell
Latitude XPi P100SD laptop.  With PCCARD support not configured,
neither sio1 nor sio2 is succesfully probed.  With PCCARD support
turned on and the /etc/pccard.conf entry shown below, I get the
following message:

sio2: probe test 3 failed

>From the source, I gather that the driver did its best to prompt the
card to generate an interrupt, but didn't get one.

/etc/pccard.conf entry:

card "Megahertz" "XJ3288R"
	config	0x21 "sio2" 5
	insert	echo Megahertz XJ3288 inserted
	insert	echo Megahertz XJ3288 removed

[As far as I can tell from pccardc dump_cis, config index 0x21 has
parameters corresponding to sio2.]

Any hints?

thanks,
andrew