Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2001 20:47:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Stephen T. Shipley" <steve@e-shipley.com>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, randy@psg.com
Subject:   Re: crypted remote backup

Configure rsync.conf on source server (with 40g file) and run as a daemon. Provide a net name like "www" for alias to path.
And possibly run from one of the /etc/periodic/daily scripts like this (on destination box).

/usr/local/bin/rsync -e /usr/bin/ssh -avz <source address>::www /usr/local/www/data/home_something_destination && rc=0||rc=3

Updates quickly and only what has changed. If I'm mistaken please let me know if I'm open on this one.

--Steve