Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 2009 11:47:25 +0900
From:      Nathan Butcher <n-butcher@fusiongol.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB memstick image request

Just thought I'd weigh in on the memstick image available for 8.0-RC1
it's very nice... now we can do away with CDs and DVDs on newer hardware.

My only gripe is that it's a little too big for my 1GB USB memstick at
the moment. I know, I know... I could always get an 8GB one fairly cheap
these days... but most of the time all I need is something that gets me
  booting into a kernel and access to the base system so I can at least
have a functional system before requiring network access.

I don't need all the packages on the USB image. If I want them, the net
takes over and gets me them.

If somebody thinks it's a reasonable request, a minimal memstick image
would be appreciated. Something similar to the "bootonly" CD images.