Date:      Sat, 29 May 2010 10:56:07 -0700
From:      David Johnson <david@usermode.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Still getting hangs with Xorg 7.5

So far things seem to be working. I added the WITHOUT_NOUVEAU variable and
updated the dependent ports. As a side effect, all those ports are now marked
as '>' in portversion. I'm hoping that won't cause any problems.

The actual culprit seemed to be EXAVSync in xorg.conf. I added that over a
year ago to get KDE desktop effects working. Now that I took it out the hangs
stop, but KDE desktop effects are now unavailable.

Thanks for the help.

--
David Johnson