Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 22:56:34 -0400
From:      Isaac Mushinsky <imush@mail.ru>
To:        <john-n-judy@msn.com>, "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Newbie, X server not working.

Ra you sure the file XF86Config exists and is in the right place? I think=
 the=20
configuration utility only creates the file in you home directory. You th=
en=20
examine and put it in /etc/X11.

It appears you installed X v 3.x.x. Perhaps you should try 4.0.x in the=20
ports. I found it much better.