Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 1998 10:00:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Riehl <mriehl@sarnoff.mitre.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Divert Socket?

Guys,

I would like to get some suggestions on how to solve a problem.  I'm going
to be connected via PPP to a Solaris X86 machine that will be sending out
both UDP and TCP traffic.

If I know the ports (for both the TCP and UDP), can I intercept the
traffic using a divert socket under FreeBsd 2.2.6?  Do I need to use both ipfw
and natd?

If someone has a sample or instructions that they can point me to, I would
really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Mark

--