Date:      Tue, 05 Mar 1996 12:20:11 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        jkh@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2-960226-SNAP now on ftp.freebsd.org

> Oh, the CD!  Just call them ports/packages then, no need to use the
> names ports-current or packages-current.  I was talking about the ftp
> install!

I know.. :-) I wasn't, of course.

In fact, I'd no intention of even putting a -current packages
collection up for the FTP SNAP (I've never made a practice of doing
this up to now, after all), and was doing it only for the CD because a
CD has all that space left over..

I think that trying to syncronize the SNAPs and the packages
collection is a bit insane, actually, and I'd be perfectly happy just
to copy the 2.1-RELEASE packages dir onto all of them and make sure
that a compat21 distribution gets put together.

> By the way, when is the deadline for the CD?  I'll try to rebuild as
> many packages as possible (because as I said, most of them were built
> pre- libc.3.0), but I've got a pretty busy schedule this week....

I wouldn't waste the effort, to be honest.  I'm going to be doing this
too often for you to ever have a hope of keeping something as huge as
the packages collection in sync, so why set a precedent you won't be
able to keep?

> Hee hee, you are the one who's confused, why should I care what you
> call the directories on the CD? :)

You shouldn't. :-)

Believe me, if I thought that a -current version of the packages
collection to go along with each SNAP CD was a practical goal, I'd
have been talking to you a lot sooner than this!

					Jordan